Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Don't Try This At Home, Folks!

I was working late at the office this evening, and I received a call about 7pm from a gentleman who was clearly trying to keep his cool. He had gone on Google and typed in "Tree Service 77018", and I was closest. (Now, tree removal ain't azackly plucking carrots, folks, and I would advise employing a few discriminating criteria other than just geographical proximity to one's house when choosing a tree company. But I digress...)

I went to take a look, and found this. It was too dark to take pictures, but the entire tree was leaning over the house. So, even if it had a perfect notch cut installed by the Canadian Felling Masters of Canada, and even if there were a rope in the tree tied to the bumper of a very large truck being operated by a skilled operator (a felling technique I do not espouse, by the way), then it would be quite difficult to pull the entire tree crown in the intended direction.

But I didn't mention the best part: the entire back part of the tree, approximately 60% of the circumference of the trunk, is decayed:

Anyway, I advised him to move his whole family to the other side of the house for the evening, and wished him luck with whatever cheap dude he decided to hire.

Please feel free to leave a comment or send an email. If you're looking for a TCIA Accredited Houston Tree Service or Certified Arborist, call the company I've worked for since 2002, Bartlett Tree Experts, at 713-692-6371. This is my personal blog--it is not affiliated with Bartlett Tree Experts.

No comments: